The Point Cook Football Club would like to once again Congratulate Massimo D’Ambrosio who was selected at Pick 3 by Essendon in the NAB AFL Mid-Season Draft last night.
Massimo’s journey to the AFL began in 2011 when he first pulled on the Red, White & Blue for the mighty Point Cook Bulldogs Under 9 team. He would go on to play a further 111 games for the club.
Massimo’s achievements throughout his career include;
- 4 x WRFL Junior League Best & Fairest (U11 Div 1 – 2013; U11 Div 1 – 2014; U12 Div 1 – 2015; U15 Div 1 – 2018)
- 4 x Junior Premiership Player (U11 Div 1 – 2014; U13 Div 1 – 2016; U14 Div 1 – 2017; U16 Div 1 – 2019)
- School Sport Victoria Under 12 Representative
- Multiple Club Best & Fairest Awards
- Multiple State Representative Games
- 5 Junior Interleague Matches – WRFL (U14 & U15)
- 12 NAB League Matches – Western Jets
- 3 VFL Matches – Richmond VFL
In 2021 Massimo made his Point Cook Senior Debut, with a Best on Ground performance of 44 disposals and 2 Goals leading the Senior side to its first win for the season in Round 3 vs Sunshine.
We wish Massimo all the best for the future and we can’t wait for him to run out in the Red & Black.